18 July 2011

five awesome albums

Another quick-hitter to knock a few more items off my list of 545 discoveries I made in my 545 days of blogo-silence. This time its five albums that you should give a spin if you haven't already.

509:
Ella Fitzgerald Sings the George and Ira Gershwin Songbook: The 20th centuries greatest voice does justice to the music of one of its greatest composers.

508: w h o k i l l by tUnE-yArDs: Merrill Garbus, the New England-native behind this music project, mixes together a bunch of cool sounds and distortions to make a really weird and entertaining album.

507: Cardinology by Ryan Adams and the Cardinals: I couldn't name a favorite album by Ryan Adams, my favorite musician, but this may be the catchiest despite its darkness. 

506: The Notorious XX by wait what: I know this is not a unique pick, but I have listened to this mix more than any other album in the past few months. 

505: Silent Shout by The Knife: This album got mention on this list already and I have no regrets about it.

 504: Bonus track brought to you by Levi's.

Figure 8 by Elliot Smith: A splendid series of songs from the late, great singer/songwriter Elliot Smith.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment